Thursday, January 25, 2007

warning: this post may depress you

Last week, I uttered the words, “I’m worried about me” to my sister, having somehow identified and isolated a moment of relative clarity amidst my generally (and unhealthily) excessive rumination to acknowledge my inability to feel less depressed than I did on this day last month. Truthfully, I’ve been headed in a mostly downward direction these past six weeks—a descent interrupted only once by the brief but unbelievably therapeutic visit from friends too long gone. And now, as I find myself confronting the same damn sadness, I feel sometimes too tired to care, too exhausted by past attempts to cultivate contentment to even try this time around.

Sigh.

I’m sure I’ll feel better soon. One way or another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you my Hans. I don't really know what else to say. Except: hang in there. And, did I mention I love you? I can't wait to hug you in person. I'm trying to give you a squeeze right now, but alas, my monitor isn't quite so reciprocal as I would like.