Tuesday, December 5, 2006

my rebound for my rebound was my rebound

Last week, the kissing of the cute boy recommenced. And now I’m questioning my decision to once again engage in activities of the lip-locking (and more) nature with the cute boy in question, as my motives are not entirely clear—even to me.

Part of me fears I have re-entered this relationship (of sorts) as a distraction from the less-than-glamorous reality I might otherwise be forced to face. Part of me believes the behavior is nothing more than a harmless manifestation of my enthusiasm for the Kissing in general. And part of me knows I’m still rebounding from a previous relationship, the ending of which I never fully confronted for the emotions I couldn’t quite allow myself to feel.

To be fair, I have warned the cute boy that my intentions are not entirely clear, that my ability to engage in a fully functioning relationship is questionable, and that I am—most likely—too much trouble to be worth his (or anyone else’s) time.

Having adequately outlined this disclaimer before any actual kissing commenced, I feel relatively guilt-free about my choice to get fresh with my one-time ManFriend once again, believing he is adult enough to say no should he believe that to be best.

And fairly certain he won't make the same mistake twice.

Or that he will. Depending upon how you look at it.

No comments: