temporarily sidelined (or, i know i said i wouldn’t do it, but preying on the depravity of friends is fun)
Recently, a friend of mine—who will, for her own protection, remain nameless at this time—confessed to me her crush on a much older (see: thirteen years her senior) man. Would I think less of her, she wondered, on account of said crush? Would I frown upon her decision to continue dating him in spite of his age?
My answer is HELL NO! And, also, KISS HIM, DAMMIT!
Which she did last night, after receiving a gentle push (by way of text message) from yours truly, urging her to lay one on him at the appropriate moment. It’s nice to know my ability to be a bad influence is not at all diminished by the distance—2500 miles of it—between us.
I would like to dedicate this post to my first-move-making friend (you know who you are) for throwing caution—and age—to the wind for the sake of some sweet lip action. I am so effing proud of you. In fact, if I wasn’t so busy cozying up to my quietude (see: being boring) I’d probably get after it, too, so inspired am I by your actions.
Oh well. Being a spectator to scandal is the perfect way to wait out my current hiatus from kissing (and that to which kissing inevitably leads). So, bravo, my friend. Bravo.
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment