giving me the finger
My Frans has been spotted recently sporting a new, sparkly, ring-resembling addition to her person (suspiciously located on a certain and aptly-named ring finger), and calling This Man her fiancé.
That’s right, people. My Frans is officially engaged.
The news left me (slightly soiled in my short pants on account of my shock, but mostly just) excited, and happy my friend has finally found a fellow worth the loving and the long-distancing and the (definitely-not-too-dainty) diamond-donning. And while at first I though her crazy (endearingly, of course) for falling in love with a Mobile (Alabama, that is) man, it seems now to make sense somehow. I even admire the unconventional, internet-assisted way this engagement has evolved, a connection cultivated over months and miles, rooted not in fleeting physicalities, but in the honestly of intellect and the rawness of emotion.
Frans has asked me to be her Maid of Honor—a task to which I will devote myself wholeheartedly, sparing no expense (monetarily and morally speaking). If this means purchasing and subsequently wearing an unflattering frock for the ceremony, I’ll do it. If this means getting fresh with a groomsman (or two) for the sake of matrimonial tradition, I’ll do it. If it means consuming copious amounts of alcohol at the reception and performing an embarrassingly incoherent speech (complete with profanity, karaoke, and crying) for the enjoyment of all in attendance, consider it done.
Congratulations, Frans. I love you. And though you now have a Chris to complement your Kerri, know that I will forever be the Hans to your Frans.
Also: You better start preparing for the bachelorette party I’ll be hosting in your honor. Your wedding is my excuse to become grossly intoxicated, act immaturely, and behave inappropriately. It’s going to be awesome.
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awh! You have surprised me! With a surprise! engagement post. And now I am blushing and becoming instantly hot and sort of sweating. I am so classy and graceful and feminine, I know. But really, thank! you, Cay. You are rad.
And of course! you will always be the Hans to my Frans. You are my most favorite (female) person on this planet. And will be, for all time.
And your afore-described "get er done!" attitude is precisely why you will also be the best maid of honor of all time. Profanity, karaoke and crying, all in one speech? That is pure brilliance, that is.
I love you my Hans. So much.
Let the inappropriate soiree-planning/ pre-vow-taking behavior begin!
Cayly, thanks so much for the sweet words and the congrats you left over on my site. I finally added your link (as you saw). Sorry for being so lame for so long and neglecting to do so. It was nothing but a bad case of the lazies.
Anyway, as far as loving your Frans (a.k.a. my Kerri) I will do so with all of my heart and soul for as long as I live. I promise nobody could ever take better care of her than I will.
Miss you Cayly!
Post a Comment